Picture Perfect Moments

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Whew...it is almost midnight and everyone has finally settled down after a fun filled day. Two of Katie's cousins came home with her so we went bowling tonight hoping they would be worn out..yeah, right. The little buggers wore me out but managed to catch a second wind themselves! Where do they get all of that energy?

It is tradition in my family that we all take a covered dish or two and head to granny's house. This year I took macaroni & cheese & potato salad. I also took a coconut cake. I cheated on the cake and bought it at Sam's. I love to bake but have never attempted to bake a coconut cake.

It wasn't the same this year without my brother and his family being there but overall, it was a pleasant day. Of course, we cooked too much, ate too much and had too much food left over. One by one we will all end up dropping by granny's tomorrow to finish off those left overs! That is also tradition for us :} Some of us will head back to work, others will hit the after Thanksgiving sales. Me? I will be scouting around town until I find the perfect Christmas tree! I am so excited! The sights, sounds and smells of Christmas make this my favorite time of year.

Christmas also means that my brother, sister in law and nephew will be popping back into town and I can hardly wait!

For the record, I am totally enjoying my time off this week. I only have one complaint...it is going by much too fast! LOL


I hope that each of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you were able to spend it with those that you love most!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home