Picture Perfect Moments

Thursday, November 10, 2005

The 411 on Thanksgiving

I can not believe how fast this year has just zipped by me! Can you believe that Christmas is only 34 days away?? Well, DON'T!! It is actually 44 days away...that makes you feel better, right? LOL

This time of year is generally a really busy time around here. Believe it or not people actually order hair bows on Christmas Eve. The first year it happened I almost fell out of my chair but when those after Christmas bills started coming in I was very happy that our customers kept on shoppin' ! Yipee!

In the past, I have not taken any time off for the holidays but this year I have promised myself and my family that I am going to start taking more time to enjoy life rather than zipping through it and then trying to figure out where the time went! That isn't an easy task for me and I might have to temporairly put my computer in storage to make it happen but I am going to give it my best shot!

We will be closed November 19-27, 2005 for the Thanksgiving Holiday. This means that I will not be answering emails or packing any bows that week. I am going to clean my house from top to bottom and put up my Christmas tree and pretend that I have a "real job" and that I am on a "real vacation"! I am going to have a T.V. day where I do nothing but crash on the couch, sip hot chocolate, enjoy my tree and watch reruns of Law and Order all day long! Okay...that is probably pushing it...but I am going to put up my tree and spend lots of time with Katie Bug!

I am really looking forward to a vacation that will be spent at home and not traipsing around Disney World where you need to come home to rest! Did I hear you say, Amen?? hee hee Those of you who work from home will know what I mean when I say that it is hard to stop working when you never leave your "office". This is going to be my first attempt at not working while I am home. If it works out for Thanksgiving I really am going to enjoy Christmas! :}

Until tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home