Picture Perfect Moments

Friday, September 19, 2008

This has been the strangest day! I am working in my pj's today because...well, because I can! LOL

Anyway, I was reading my email and I had a request from a funeral home that wants to purchase hairbows for their business. If I am 100 percent honest I have to confess that it made the hair on my arms stand up because I am not a funeral person. I do not attend them unless I have to and I am not even going to my own if I can get out of it!
Being from the South and hearing ghost stories all of my life I admit I am a "fraidy cat" when it comes to dead people. So here I sit trying to compose a response when the power goes off and my computer screen goes black! What did I do? I did what any fraidy cat would do...I grabbed my cell phone and ran outside! My office door opens onto the deck in my back yard which is thankfully very private...since I am in my pajamas! Of course, while I am standing there shaking and trying to decide if I really need to call my mom the power comes back on!

I sit down in the swing and decide to call a friend just to compose myself before coming back inside. While I am dialing the number I hear my neighbor yell out "Can I help you with something?". Keep in mind, I can't see him because of the privacy fence and all of the trees...but I think he is talking to me and I am about to croak because...you guessed it...I am in my pajamas!

All of a sudden I hear this man's voice say "I'm just going to the restroom"! OMG!
You have to understand that in my neighborhood everyone knows everybody else's business. It is the type of neighborhood where the neighbors will correct your child if she is riding her bicyle too fast or they see that she is endangering herself. So, I am confident that my neighbor is fixing to boot somebody into the street when he says, "Well...if you are in that bad of shape, go ahead, then."

Okay, so I am sitting there afraid to move because I don't want the swing to squeak! I manage to wait about 30 seconds before I run into the house to the window just in time to see this guy walk across the yard. He is wearing a bright green fluorescent saftey vest! This tells me three things...he is an idiot for thinking he can sneak into the trees and water them without being seen... Number 2, he is the reason my power went off...AND...he is one lucky soul that I chose to work today in my pajamas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home